Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Treasure Boxes from Trash

I LOVE when I can find a way to recycle something. So when I got a chance to snag a bag FULL of cat treats I was all over it. Cat treats you say?




 Well I'm not recycling the cat treats, but the nifty little tins the treats came in are lovely. I had to wash them out extremely well. You can imagine they smelled a bit...fishy.
But the tins are great! I love little boxes and tins. I don't know why, but I do. I also love working with polymer clay so these two were bound to come together. I thought these would make great treasure boxes or stash boxes, a cool place to keep a small sewing kit or small medicine kit for purse. I started laying out designs to cover the tins with and realized there was so much more I could do.


This is where they are at this point. I still need to sand them and put a layer of gloss on them. I still have a bag full of these though. I'm thinking on the next round I will add in some beads to the design or possibly make some small sculptures to go on the tops of the boxes. A tiny dragon perhaps or butterflies would look nice as a decoration to lids?


Hope you enjoyed this peak at my recycling adventure :) When I get some more made I will be sure to post those as well !! 

Til next time.... GO MAKE SOMETHING  and HAVE FUN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment